Last updated on June 4th, 2020 at 10:37 am
Fun fact; I spend most of my days chasing my own arse. I am not what you would call an organised person so recipes like this 3-ingredient vegan zucchini soup have saved my vegan bacon many times. If, like me, you need an arsenal of easy and super quick family-friendly recipes to get through the week, this recipe is for you.
My Goodness Kitchen is my pretty, well-lit and orderly corner of the Internet. It’s a selfie after I’ve had my hair done and applied a filter, you know? It may not sound terribly inspiring but it is the truth. I don’t live in the Internet and I have no filter or soft lighting following me around like a cloud.
Like every adult walking the earth, my life is messy. Blessed, but messy. Beautiful, but messy. Bountiful, but oh-I-just-stepped-in-my-dog’s-poop-again messy.
To successfully navigate my beautifully messy life I’ve had to cultivate a few talents. One, I can multi-task like a mad woman (turns out you can wash the dog and shower at the same time) Two, I can listen to two discussions at the same time and take in most of both. And three, I have learned the value in creating ridiculously simple, quick vegan recipes.
On the days I’ve worn my pants inside out and forgotten to pack my kid’s lunch, these recipes have saved my sanity. Inspired by Dana at The Minimalist Baker, if it has less than 10 ingredients or is ready in under 30 minutes, it belongs in your arsenal. This vegan soup might be the quickest and simplest in mine.
While today we are making my 3-ingredient vegan zucchini soup, the base of this recipe is essentially a 3-ingredient vegan soup recipe where you insert your choice of vegetable [here]. Want pea soup? Use 3 cups of peas. Prefer cream of tomato? Adding a kilogram of freshly roasted tomatoes will work great. Cauliflower too.
So, what’s in this 3-ingredient soup?
For this zucchini vegan soup, the ingredients are simple. Cashews, vegetable stock and zucchini. I also season with salt and pepper to taste (I am not counting them as ingredients because…well, they’re salt and pepper) and occasionally add a dollop of vegan butter but the base is – cashews, stock, vegetable. 1 cup of raw cashews to 3 and a half cups of stock and 1 kg of peeled zucchini.
Cook in a pot until the zucchini is tender, around 15 minutes, and blend with sea salt and pepper. Add butter if you’re feeling decadent which I often am but if I can’t be bothered walking to the fridge, I don’t. It really is that simple.
This 3-ingredient vegan zucchini soup is:
- deliciously creamy from the cashews,
- light from the zucchini and
- ready in less time that it takes to get a pizza delivered.
Top with fresh greens and crunchy seeds or simply serve with crusty bread – this vegan soup works both hot or cold. Whatever floats your boat and saves your sanity. Enjoy.
More super simple vegan recipes:
- Quick Creamy Lemon Orzo
- 1-Pot Creamy Tomato Vegan Pasta
- 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Lentil Soup with Ginger
3-INGREDIENT VEGAN ZUCCHINI SOUP
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 kilogram peeled zucchini roughly chopped
- sea salt optional
- pepper optional
- 1 tbsp vegan butter spread optional
- Combine the cashews, stock and peeled zucchini in to a medium soup or saucepan over medium heat and bring up to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until the cashews and zucchini is tender.
- Remove from the heat and carefully transfer the soup to a blender. Season with salt and pepper and add the vegan butter (if using). Blend until the soup is completely smooth to serve. You may have to blend in batches depending on the size for your blender.