Could an Almost Oreo Smoothie be as good as a milkshake? Absolutely! Melbourne has turned on the hot weather again and these three little black ducks are sweltering. Mama isn’t much for turning the oven on at the moment so smoothies and salads are well represented here. This Almost Healthy Oreo Smoothie for Big and Small kids is a welcome addition to our smoothie rotation. OK, so it doesn’t have any greens or purplish bits to speak of but, if you look at an Oreo in a certain light there is the tiniest hint of maroon. Good enough for me, let’s do it.
This Almost Healthy Oreo Smoothie the kid in me. I have seen and lusted for the many Oreo milkshake recipes I’ve seen strewn across the InterWeb with wanton abandon and now I add my own. Made with almond milk, coconut water, frozen banana and cashew butter for creaminess, my Oreo Smoothie concoction is a chocolate, vanilla cream delight without the cream. How good is that?
My inner child is salivating again, pardon me.
Almost Healthy Oreo Smoothie
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup coconut water or regular
- 1 -2 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped tbs cashew butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbs flaxseed powder
- 1 tbs maple syrup optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- handful ice
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until the Oreos have broken down and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with crushed Oreos sprinkled on top.