Fancy Poor Man's Potatoes
With artichokes, olives and roast peppers these vegan Fancy Poor Man's Potatoes are a flavoursome spin on a traditional Spanish dish.
- 1/2 kilogram baby potatoes I chose Baby Red and Baby Creams
- 1 Spanish onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers from a jar preferably in oil
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts sliced
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup vegetable or vegan chicken-style stock
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- parsley finely chopped
Put a large pot of water on a medium heat.
Cut the potatoes in to halves.
Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes and strain.
In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the olive oil on low.
Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
Add the paprika and oregano and stir.
Place the potatoes, cut side down, in the pan.
Season the potatoes with sea salt and black pepper
Sprinkle the sliced peppers over the potato and then the artichoke hearts.
Add the olives.
Pour in the stock and continue to cook on low for 20 minutes.
The dish is ready when the potatoes can be pierced with a fork but still hold their shape. Sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.