Mexican Chocolate Chia Pudding
With exotic cinnamon, cayenne pepper and sea salt, this vegan Mexican Chocolate Chia Pudding are a perfect breakfast indulgence or anytime treat.
- 1 and 1/2 dairy-free milk almond or soy
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly made black coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a small pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- a good pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder optional
Place all the ingredients, except the chia seeds, in a blender and blend until smooth
Add the chia seeds and pulse three or four times
Pour the mixture in to either two bowls or three glasses.
Cover with foil and place in the fridge to set overnight or for at least four hours.
Serve with your choice of fresh fruit, dark chocolate shavings, granola or buckinis. For added indulgence, serve with whipped vanilla coconut cream.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 276mg | Iron: 4mg