5-ingredient Pumpkin Lentil Soup with Ginger
Ready in around 20-minutes this 5-ingredient pumpkin lentil soup with ginger is a quick and delicious spiced bowl to warm the cockles.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and finely sliced
- 400 grams cubed pumpkin around 4 cups | peeled and cut in to cubes
- 3/4 cup red lentils 135 grams | washed and drained
- 1 litre/ 1 quart vegetable stock 4 cups
- 1 inch fresh ginger finely grated
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for three minutes or until soft.
Add the chopped pumpkin, lentils and stock to the pot and stir before adding the finely grated ginger.
Cook at a simmer for around 15 minutes or until the pumpkin and lentils are soft.
Season with sea salt if required.
Carefully blend the soup in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth to serve.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 944mg | Potassium: 702mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 9027IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3mg