OK, this 10-minute vegan chilli might be 11 or 12 minutes but it really is super quick and packed with flavour. From start to finish it is ready in minutes. I use canned back beans and chickpeas and serve it with leftover quinoa. If you have rice or quinoa, great! If not, that’s OK, this vegan chilli can stand on its own feet.
To speed up the cooking process I use a food processor to chop everything, including a fresh salsa, and borrow the cooking technique from curry. We build the flavour base at the beginning and simply add the body later. Trust me. It works and is delicious. Running low on time? If you’ve got a spare 10 minutes, you’ve got a flavoured-packed, high protein dinner for four. Enjoy, x
On your marks. Get set… Supercharged 10-minute Vegan Chilli coming up
Supercharged 10-minute chilli
- 1 spanish onion
- 2 x 400 g can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup stock I used a vegan chicken-style stock by Australian Organics
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbs dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne more if you like hotter
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to season
- SALSA optional
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 small capsicum bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 large handful of coriander
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado to serve
- Finely chop garlic.
- Toss the onion and celery in a food processor and chop to a fine dice.
- In a small bowl or cup put the dried herbs and stir to combine.
- Heat a large saucepan or soup pot on medium heat and add a good glug of olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chopped onion and celery and cook for 1 minute.
- Add dried herbs and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir for 1 minute.
- Add stock. Add black beans and chick peas.
- Season well with sea salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put all ingredients except the avocado in a food processor and chop for 10 seconds.
- Serve the chilli in a bowl with a spoon of rice or quinoa (totally optional), a spoon of salsa and fresh avocado .