I love these slow roasted vegan cauliflower tacos. I’ll say it again. I. Love. These. Slow Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Tacos. I have to admit to a little Meg Ryan, When Harry Met Sally cafe moment when I tried these for the first time. Thankfully, subsequent testing has ended in the same happy result. They vegan tacos are spicy, smoky and a little sweet with cauliflower being the perfect foil for all these flavours. The pickled onions are a simple but essential crunchy accompaniment. I serve these with a smear of avocado, a smattering of chopped chives or coriander and lime chipotle mayonnaise. Yum. If you are after a vegan taco recipe that will have even the carnivores drooling, try these vegan cauliflower tacos.
Vegan Cauliflower Tacos Slow Roasted | Vegan Tacos
Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower
- 3/4 head cauliflower chopped in to small florets
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock or water
- 2 - 3 tbs chipotle sauce depending on your heat tolerance
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbs smoked paprika
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 spanish onion halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs coconut or raw sugar
- 1 good pinch salt
- 1/3 cup vegan or regular mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chipotle sauce
- zest of 1 lime
- Avocado optional
- coriander or chives chopped
- fresh lime
- corn tortillas
- Place pickled onion ingredients in a jar. With the lid on, shake to combine and set aside for 2 hours to pickle.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat oil and sauté garlic on medium heat until fragrant. Add smoked paprika and stir to combine. Add ketchup, tamari, apple cider vinegar, chipotle sauce, cayenne pepper, maple syrup and stir to combine. Add water or stock and keep on the heat for 1 minutes.
- Lay cauliflower florets in a small baking dish, season with salt and drizzle with a little oil. Carefully pour the marinade over the cauliflower. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove and carefully stir. Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until soft and caramelised.
- Stir chipotle mayonnaise ingredients together in a small bowl. Adjust to taste.
- Prepare tortillas as per packet interactions. Build taco beginning with a good smear of chipotle-lime mayonnaise, add roasted cauliflower, pickled onions, avocado, coriander or chives and a good squeeze of lime. Eat messily and with gusto.