Last updated on March 30th, 2020 at 06:57 pm
I had every intention of doing a savoury post, I really did. I had it all planned out – roast cauliflower something with a side of something. But alas, the chocolate has me now and if I’m going down, you’re all coming with me. Avocado Mocha Mousse, come to Mama.
I love this mousse. A; it is simple and super quick to make and in a frantic kitchen raid, who doesn’t love quick? And B; it’s pretty healthy on the decadent chocolate dessert scale. So, guilt somewhat assuaged, I give you my Avocado Mocha Mousse.
How to whip up a chocolate dessert in under 5 minutes
Making your next quick dessert is as simple as 1-2-3.
- Combine your favourite granola with seeds, nuts and coconut in a small bowl
- Add the mousse ingredients to a processor and blend until smooth and silky
- Layer the mousse in a glass or jar with the granola mix and serve with fresh berries.
This mousse is rich so I like to layer it with crunchy granola and nuts to break up the rich. It also adds a fabulous crunch. Finish with blueberries and this dessert is the total yum package. Blueberries love coffee like Joanie loved Chachi and this mousse has a subtle coffee note underneath all that wonderful chocolate.
A little of this mousse goes a long way, it is deliciously rich. Fill to the brim at your peril. I myself laugh in the face of peril and fill well to the top. Sprinkle with fresh or dried blueberries or both. Sigh. x
Need more chocolate? Check out these other healthy-ish chocolate treats:
Avocado Mocha Mousse
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup raw cacao or cocoa
- 1-2 tablespoon instant coffee
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon water if needed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup granola (optional)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- handful fresh or dried blueberries
- Combine granola, chopped almonds and coconut in a small bowl.
- Beginning with liquids, add maple syrup, vanilla, avocado, cacao,coffee and sea salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add water if needed.
- With processor still going, add olive oil. Adjust to taste.
- In a small glass or jar, spoon a layer of granola followed by a layer of mousse. Repeat to the jar rim.
- Sprinkle with blueberries and serve